Pilot Generator

Old 10-15-09, 02:09 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Pilot Generator

I have a white rodgers pilot generator Part # E382 and I do not see this part anywhere on the Internet. I do see some have different orifice numbers. How do I no what pilot generator to get.

Old 10-15-09, 04:09 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
A pilot generator is typically a rod about .25" in diameter and about 2.5" long, with a wire out one end that has two electrical connections at the end.

A pilot orifice has a small hole in one end to form a jet of gas for the pilot burner.

It's not clear which you are talking about.

Old 10-15-09, 08:37 PM
M
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
What are you replacing it in. thats sounds funny..what are you replacing it on,,,that sounds wrong too. oh well you get the point

Old 10-16-09, 06:04 AM
D
weil mclain boiler Eg 40 and I would like to replace the pilot generator and the white rodgers pilot orifice that comes on a bracket that holds the pilot generator and on that bracket it says W-R E 382.

Old 10-16-09, 06:14 AM
Sorry Denmick, I still don't understand what you want to do.

Old 10-16-09, 07:09 AM
D
I would like to replace both parts and where would I go to do that. Would I get the same parts and what size is the orifice hole.

Old 10-16-09, 11:27 AM
The simplest and most accurate way to get replacement parts is to buy them from a Weil McClain distributor.

If you are lucky you may have an owner's manual that provides the manufacturer's part number for the part you want.

Even if you don't you go to a Weil McClain distributor and give them the model and serial number of the boiler. They look up the part number(s) and sell you the correct part.

Much better than taking pot luck on the internet if you can find a distributor that will sell to you.

Seattle Pioneer

Old 10-16-09, 02:07 PM
D
When I had a contract they replaced my honeywell gas valve and my pilot burner assembly with a robert shaw series 700 . I go to weil mclain website look up my boiler and they say my parts are Obsolete and they have been replaced with Thermopile Conversion Kit. I am sure if I had a contract today they would still use the parts they used two years ago. I got another 700 series gas valve and I guess I will have to take the pilot assembly to my local plumbing house to see if they can match it up. The conversion kit that weil mclain has listed uses a robert shaw 7200 series gas valve and go to a 24 volt system. I like my milivolt system cause if i ever lose power I still have heat.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: