110V switch wiring for Square-D/Sundial furnace

Old 10-22-09, 08:25 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
110V switch "field" wiring for Square-D/Sundial furnace

Square-D/Sundial model HU3M060H3.ON7.

The 110 V primary has had all switches removed. I have black and white 110 V power coming in on a conduit. From the furnace I have a black solid wire, two solid white wires, a black stranded wire (roughly 14 AWG), and a white stranded wire of the same gauge.

I can't find a wiring diagram on the doors. How do I hook this up? I assume all the whites go together since they're neutral, but where do the solid and multi-strand black wires go? Something has to go to the switch, but do they all go to the switch on a pigtail, or do some stay live and only one goes to the switch?

It's in a duplex and the other furnace was easy, two wires to two wires. This Sundial job is a little confusing with more wires from the furnace than come from the breaker panel.

Old 10-23-09, 04:19 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Can you post a pic..............

Old 10-23-09, 07:57 AM
J
Post a pic?

Sure, assuming I can find the batteries for my camera. I'll hang it up tonight.

Old 10-23-09, 08:43 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
It's irresponsible to guess, assume or go by the color of the wires. You need to be able to check and know.

If you can't do that, do yourself a favor and find someone who can.

The most important decision for a DIYer to make is "can I do this job competently and safely? Your post implies that the answer to that question is no.

Old 10-24-09, 10:49 PM
J
Found the wiring diagram.

The whites all go together. The smaller wires are the 24 V xfmr primaries and the others are for the fan. So black on the switch, all the whites tie together, 110 V black on the other switch terminal. Why they didn't just tie it all together internally is beyond me.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: