Goodman Furnace GMP075-3

Old 11-28-09, 12:36 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Goodman Furnace GMP075-3

I went to turn the furnace on yesterday only to have the ignitor not start glowing. It goes through the normal start-up but after the relay click it doesn't glow. I had a similar problem a couple of years ago and needed a new ignitor so I went out and got one but it still wouldn't get hot. I checked the new one and it checked out fine. I then checked the voltage getting to it and found a problem. When the relay clicks it makes the needle hop to maybe two volts before going back to zero. I am pretty sure that this would mean the board is bad but would like another opinion before spending at least $100 for one. I have also cleaned the hose coming off of the vent blower and did the paperclip routine (which did need done but did not seem to affect the ignitor). It also blinks a code of 1 which seems right.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-09, 08:01 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 11 Votes on 9 Posts
1 = ignition failure
Coupled with your symptoms, I'd say replace the board.

Old 11-28-09, 06:17 PM
Thank you Houston204. I just wish I had checked the voltage to the ignitor before I bought one but I guess it would be good to keep a back up from what I have heard on this model.

Old 12-01-09, 12:59 PM
Update: Just got the new control board and installed it. Furnace is working perfectly!