gas furnace burner blowout

Old 11-29-09, 06:17 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
gas furnace burner blowout

My Rheem gas furnace burners go out on initial startup almost everytime my furnace kicks on. Had several tech's look at this, have had no luck getting it fixed. Help!

Old 11-29-09, 08:18 AM
S
What are some of things they tried so I don't rehash everything they've done. The first thing I would check are dirty burner tubes. Pull the tubes and if you have asir available blow them out. You should have a blue flame, if you it is orange generally it's because of dirty tubes which wil effect the gas.

Old 11-29-09, 11:17 AM
D
gas burner blowout

We have put in new gas regulator, new burners, heat exchanger and gas valve.

Old 11-29-09, 11:50 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Here's a prediction: You aren't going to get someone on the internet who can't observe the equipment to find a problem that several repairman have been unable to identify and correct.

Can you evaluate the competence of the people who have worked on the equipment? Did they test and inspect the equipment carefully, or mostly replace part after part?

What have they told you about why the burners go out?

Old 11-29-09, 01:28 PM
D
The service people we have had are from reputable businesses in our small community area. I am kinda grasping at staws and at my wits end hoping that maybe somebody else has had thi same problem and could give us a clue as to what it might be.

Old 11-29-09, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by DillyDally
The service people we have had are from reputable businesses in our small community area. I am kinda grasping at staws and at my wits end hoping that maybe somebody else has had thi same problem and could give us a clue as to what it might be.

No harm at grasping at straws if that's all you've got.

But to have a chance, you have to relate in as much detail as possible any tests they made and any reasons they gave for replacing the parts they did.

Old 11-30-09, 07:27 AM
E
The burners BLOW out?, and just don't GO out? BIG difference, big clue. If they blow out, do they blow out when the air circulation blower comes on?

Which heat exchanger was replaced: The primary or secondary? And are you sure that was what was replaced? Because if that is the case, they must have at least thought they were witnessing the blower blow out the flames.

Did you ask them after they replaced each thing they did, if you had to pay for each of those things, if none of them fixd it?

Did they show you where any crack or hole was in the heat exchanger?

Just because a company is known to be reputable........ in whose opinion? We have such companies here, and I do not always trust them. They are big outfits, sometimes use young guys to do the work, who may not have the experience of a 20+ year veteran, and yet charge a fortune. They have maybe a name on their shirt and nice trucks with lots of HVAC parts, and are good at changing out parts, whether they are needed or not. They may have a good reputation based on perception from people who know nothing(most people, regarding HVAC) and/or by big yellow page ads, radio/tv ads, show rooms, etc.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: