Coleman Funace...NEED HELP!

Old 12-01-09, 08:24 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Coleman Funace...NEED HELP!

I have a Coleman D.E.S. 80 Furnace, model#2880-776. I am having a problem that is sporatic, but increasing in occurance. Furnace will run normally, but then shut off with only the draft inducer fan motor running (small black fan). I will manually turn heat down and up again to reset. Will come on again...and then off again. I can go through this many times before it stays on. Have had technician come out to look at it (3times), but says he can't determine what's wrong unless it's doing it when he's here, and of course it doesn't. I'm spending money for calls, but no results. Is there anyone that can steer me in the right direction???

Old 12-01-09, 09:09 AM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
furnace

i gather this is an 80 percent efficient furnace...how does it vent?also,does it have a circuit board,if so it should have small led lights that weill flash a diagnostic code.if the small inducer motor is running,but will not start the sequence to light,you need to check the switch at the inducer.try taking small hoses off,and at the furnace body,check to see if the tiny hole is not clogged.next you need to check the chimney venting system....please post more info

Old 12-01-09, 09:41 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Originally Posted by drev01
Have had technician come out to look at it (3times), but says he can't determine what's wrong unless it's doing it when he's here, and of course it doesn't. I'm spending money for calls, but no results. Is there anyone that can steer me in the right direction???

Frankly, this is the mark of a lazy or marginally competent repairman.

Intermittent problems are the bane of repairman, but usually they are caused by weaknesses in the furnace that can be identified with correct testing procedures. Your guy either doesn't know how to inspect the furnace properly or is too lazy to do the work, unless he has done a battery of tests and is still unable to identify the problem. Doesn't sound like it, though.

All too common, I'm afraid

Old 12-01-09, 04:22 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Could be something as simple as an HSI not glowing quite bright/hot enough. Did any repairman ohms test it and tell you what the number was?, if that is how your furnace ignites?

The draft fan blowing indicates at least the thermostat is calling for heat. Do you have a volt-ohm meter to test with? We can try to help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: