Boiler room venting

Old 12-07-09, 10:14 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Boiler room venting

I just enclosed my boiler and waterheater. The room is approx 9x5 feet. the boiler is vented with a 6" smoke pipe with a a flap that opens when the boiler kicks on. Its a oil burner, baseboard heating. I guess iam just worried that i may have sealed the room and it may be dangerous doing so. My thoery in enclosing the the boiler to it own room was to keep the boiler hot so the boiler would kick onless to keep the tempt up. The house is a basic ranch with an unfinisehed basement at the time. Hope this makes sense. Thanks for any help.

Old 12-07-09, 10:30 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
More than likely your boiler is now located in a "confined space" which you have built M1702.2.

You need to provide combustion air as provided in 1702.3

http://www2.iccsafe.org/states/orego...tion%20Air.pdf

A shortage of combustion air can cause the furnace to produce soot and carbon monoxide, and to fail to vent properly, so it needs to be done right.

The BTU input of the boiler can be found on the rating plate in the burner compartment of the boiler.

Old 12-07-09, 10:41 AM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The label on the front of the boiler is worn and Iam unable to read the btu. Is there any other way of finding out the BTU?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: