York Diamond 90 Furnance won't stay lit

Old 12-11-09, 02:05 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
York Diamond 90 Furnance won't stay lit

I recently moved into a new house, so the I haven't used the furnace in years past. The furnace (up to 94% efficiency) was new in 2005. When I give the desired temperature on my Honeywell thermometer (which I just replaced, thinking that was the problem), nothing happens. I killed the power to the furnace and plugged it back in. The furnace lit and began to blow hot air through the house for about 5 minutes. The flame then went out, but continued to circulate air. This has happened about 4 or 5 times, but each time it stays lit for less time than the time before. Any ideas??

Update: I just went up and looked at the circut board, and it flashed red 11 times. I then tried unplugging it and plugging it back in again and it did the same thing, but only flashed red 4 times after shutting down (after 5 minutes of working). I have no idea what could be wrong.

Last edited by se22474; 12-11-09 at 02:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-09, 04:21 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Here is a reference for the diagnostic codes for another York furnace ---not yours. They may be the same --- look around the burner compartment of the furnace, the cover of the fan compartment on the furnace msanual you ought to have to see if they are the same.

Page 6:

http://www.yorkupg.com/PDFFiles/035-...001-A-0404.pdf

Old 12-11-09, 05:08 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Have you checked or changed the furnace filter?