Pilot Light goes out

Old 12-15-09, 08:50 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Angry Pilot Light goes out

Hi everyone

I have gas forced air heater. It is a Intertherm model MGH-075A B. I do not have a Manuel for it. Does any one know where I can down load one?
The problem I have with the heater is that every once in awhile the pilot light goes out. Then we start to smell gas.
I would like to be able to remove the pilot light assy. so I can clean the tip or orifice.

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP
Don

Old 12-15-09, 09:54 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You have a pilot light that remains lit all the time? Is there a thin copper tube that goes back to screw into the gas valve?

Please post the make and model of the gas valve, which should be printed on the gas valve.

Most gas valves use the thermocouple as part of a safety system that shuts off the gas to the main burner and pilot burner if the pilot light goes out. So there should be no gas odor.

If that valve is stuck open, which is rare but can happen, you have a definite safety hazard and the valve should be replaced.

Old 12-15-09, 04:41 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cool Gas heater

Hi back

There are two (2) thin copper tubes screwed to the gas valve. They both go through the heating chamber.

The pilot light stays on most of the time but every so often it goes out by its self and we would start smelling gas. There is no wind to blow it out. It just goes out by its self.

The name of the gas valve is ELECTRIC UNITROL MODEL 110

When the pilot light goes out we then smell gas. We relight it (but sometimes it just flickers while while holding down the red button).

Don

PS: This is installed in a manufactured home.

Old 12-15-09, 05:11 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
One of the copper tubes probably goes to the thermocouple, the other to vent gas from the gas valve regulator to be burned in the pilot flame.

Because it's possible that the gas odor is from a defective valve, you should have a repairman make repairs to your furnace.

Sorry I can't help you further.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: