Error 33. Limit Circuit Fault on my furnace.

Old 12-25-09, 04:58 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Error 33. Limit Circuit Fault on my furnace.

Hi, I know everyone right now is spending time with their families but thought i'd post anyways . I keep getting a error code of 33 on my furnace, This isnt the first time this has happened, About 2 years ago we got the same error message but my husband was here to fix it, I seen the way he fixed it and how he was messing around with the wires by the thermostat. He would switch the "white wire" and put it with "another color wire" and so on. I was wondering if anyone here knows the combination to reset my furnace by what my husband was doing. I already tired to reset the Limit switch and nothing. I would ask my husband to fix it but currently he is in Iraq and I would never call him about a problem I'm having at home. I know its x-mas morning and no one might be on DIY but like I said, Thought I'd give this a try. Merry Xmas everyone

Oh yeah. My furnace is a Bryant Plus 80.

and the wires inside my thermostat are

[White][Red]-[Red][Green][Yellow]

Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-09, 05:07 AM
M
Im sorry, I forgot to add the most important part. My furnace is only blowing air right now. It does not want to ignite. The filter is new, but I was a little late in changing it. The winter here is cold and I did have the thermostat are a high degree. It stopped working about 2 days ago. I called my sister and she told me she had to pay about $600 dollars for the similar problem I've having. I honest to god don't have that type of money right now and if only I could have remember how my husband did it I would be fine. lol

Old 12-25-09, 08:05 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You need to take the front cover off the burner compartment of the furnace. Find the rating plate inside, and report back the model number of the furnace please.

Old 01-03-10, 07:35 AM
A
I have the same problem!

I have experienced the same Code 33 problem (Limit Circuit Fault). My Bryant furnace puts out heat, but after 10 minutes or so, the heat stops, the code 33 pops up, the heater still hums as if something is happening, but there is no flame. That is until approx. 3-4 minutes later, then the igniter switch illuminates, the burner and blower kicks on and we're good to go...until the 10-15 minute or so point when the cycle repeats itself. The LED lamp glows a solid red (which means 24V power is available)

I don't have to reset anything during this whole process--I just watch the LED lamp go from solid red to 3 short blinks + 3 long blinks when the burners shut off.

My furnace is a Bryant. Model #310AAV036070AAJA.

Any help sincerely appreciated!!

Old 01-03-10, 07:49 AM
A
One more thing

I have zoned gas heat, but I have two separate furnaces: one for the upstairs and one for the downstairs. The one for the downstairs is the one that has the #33 fault. I've never had this problem before and it recently occurred (within the past 48 hours).

I have changed the air return filter in the house and checked for obstructions. Everything is good.

Thanks again!