Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Gas and Oil Home Heating Furnaces
Reload this Page >

Help! Gas Heater Model #PDSU-LD12N080A Pilot light went out and won't stay lit

Old 12-25-09, 12:15 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I have a gas heater model number PDSU-LD12N080A. Its old but was working fine until the pilot light went out and I couldn't get it to relight. I tried changed the thermal coupler and that didn't work. The pilot light will stay light until I release from the red button and it goes out. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Merry Christmas!

Old 12-25-09, 01:25 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 35 Votes on 33 Posts
Pilot

Does the pilot wrap around the upper 1/3 to 1/2 of the thermocouple? Do you have a volt meter which will read DC millivolts?

Old 12-29-09, 01:05 PM
M
Originally Posted by misg4420 View Post
I have a gas heater model number PDSU-LD12N080A. Its old but was working fine until the pilot light went out and I couldn't get it to relight. I tried changed the thermal coupler and that didn't work. The pilot light will stay light until I release from the red button and it goes out. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
I installed the thermal coupler the same way as the old one was, but it still won't stay lit.

Old 12-29-09, 04:40 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
There are rhymes and reasons why questions are asked - and we always hope the OP responds, so we can further advise.

Just because you put it in the same way does not make either the first one or the new one right. And even if you think you did the second one like the first, maybe there is some play in the new one and the depth or some play side to side is making it's proper location off, just a smidgeon. Many times I have had to fix the thermocouple some down by the flame, to get the flame to do what Grady said, to keep say a gas water heater pilot going.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: