Beckett oil gun question??

Old 01-02-10, 04:25 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Beckett oil gun question??

Hello, amazing forum, glad I found it. Question, I have an old mobile home furnace in my garage which is used occasionally. For the past few uses, the lockout is tripping, don't know what is causing it. Tomorrow I'm gonna change the fuel filter and bleed the line. Do the flame sensor's go bad often? When I reset the lockout, the furnace fires up nice without any flooding and runs great. Another thing tomorrow is to clean the glass on the flame sensor and make sure nothing is blocking it.
Is there any rule of thumb of adjusting the air mixture as to the color of the flame? I'm not sure if it is shutting down because of lack of fuel spray or flame detection. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Old 01-02-10, 06:39 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Old mobile home furnace

Change the nozzle, fuel filter, & pump screen (if it has one). Clean & adjust the electrodes to 7/16" above nozzle center, 1/16" ahead of the nozzle face, & 5/32" apart.

Flame sensors rarely go bad.
If it is a Miller or Intertherm model MOC or CMF, adjust the air to get flame tips just above the chamber.

Old 01-03-10, 04:11 AM
F
Thank you very much, will do what you suggested, again thanks.....

Old 01-20-10, 02:56 AM
F
Smile

Originally Posted by Grady
Change the nozzle, fuel filter, & pump screen (if it has one). Clean & adjust the electrodes to 7/16" above nozzle center, 1/16" ahead of the nozzle face, & 5/32" apart.

Flame sensors rarely go bad.
If it is a Miller or Intertherm model MOC or CMF, adjust the air to get flame tips just above the chamber.
Hello, wanted to check back. After doing the above, the problem still existed, changed the control box on the gun, problem solved. This weeks fun is having our home oil fired hot air furnace redlined for a heat exchanger crack. Going to have it replaced with a Patriot oufa75 hi boy. Any issues with this furnace we should be aware of?? Our house is 1600 sq ft. the unit is rated at 70-85,ooo btu's and we are located in Concord NH. My dad says we should have 100,000 but contractors doing estimated says that is overkill and would shorten the life of the unit. It looks like we are gonna purchase the furnace online and have a licensed install. My wife things we should have an intake box that takes air from above the furnace not the floor. I agree. Any thoughts would be welcome. Thanks a million for the advice and this forum.....

Old 01-24-10, 04:31 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Air intake box?

Sorry for the delay. Somehow I missed your post. I'm not sure what you mean by "taking air from above the furnace not the floor."

Old 01-25-10, 07:38 PM
D
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I'd take the return air from the floor (lower) instead of the ceiling (higher) for heating. You want to pull in the cooler air and heat it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: