Problem with a Trance forced air gas furnace

Old 01-08-10, 08:27 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Problem with a Trance forced air gas furnace

I have a Trane gas furnace with electronic ingnitor that is about 12 yrs. old. When time for it to come on or when turning it on the induction fan comes on then the ignitor glows and the burner will ignite. Three to four seconds later the lit burner goes out and the ignitor will glow and ten to twelve or so seconds later the burner ignites again. The induction fan stays on this entire time. The burner may stay on after the second or third time of this happening or it may do this five to six times then the induction fan will turn off but then the blower will come on blowing room temperature air. Initially if I blow into the burner area or wave air to it with a piece of cardboard or something like that, after turning on the heater and induction fan comes on and the burner ignites, it will stay on and the heater will run and heat but after the t-stat is satisfied and it shuts off it starts all over again when it is time for it to come back on. Any suggestions of what is wrong?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-10, 07:05 AM
What are the full model and serial numbers?

Sounds like you may have a flue problem. Any restrictions blocking the flue?

Old 01-09-10, 08:46 AM
D
Problems with a Trane forced air gas furnace

Model# TUE080A948K0 Ser# L272L8X2G
Was thinking the same thing. I have a two story house and it's vented to the roof. Will try to get up there and check for birds nest. Tried checking from the attic but couldn't see flu where it exits thoroughly.