carrier furnace - no heat

Old 01-14-10, 01:29 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
carrier furnace - no heat

I have a carrier model 58pav090 that seems to have an issue. It was flashing code 13 or 31, so I cleaned the outside lines as well as the vent pipe (actually pipe is disconnected at the furnace right now).

I thought it was a pressure switch problem so jumped that. Nothing happened, no heat coil, no gas, no fireup, just fan runs for 90 seconds after restart switch (switch on the lower door) is pressed.

At times, the unit will just run and run and nothing seems to turn it off other than undoing the lower door. Most times it just runs for 90 seconds and then flashes code.

I never see the induction blower motor run. On mine it has a black plastic know with an arrow that is counter clockwise and is to the left of the pressure switch.

Any ideas?

Old 01-14-10, 02:49 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
http://hvactroubleshooters.com/CARRI...20FURNACES.pdf

So is it the 1-3 code or 3-1 code?

Short the Test terminal on the ignition module to initiate the test sequence as described on page 10 of the manual to see if all the components are working.

When you say it will run and run, what do you mean by that?

Old 01-14-10, 03:42 PM
C
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
question

Can I touch the test lead and c and then close the cover where the safety switch or do I have hold the switch by hand and touch the two leads?

Its hard to tell 13 or 31, they are the same reversed, how do I read the difference?.

When I say it runs all the time, the blower blows but no heat, no pilot, no flame, no nothing.

Also, I have never seen the inducer/induction motor (the black round dial that spins counter clockwise) to the left of the pressure switch ever turn.

BTW, is there a way to test if its the motor or capacitor. I pulled the leads off and can't remember if black or white goes on top now but that would just cause the motor to spin the other way. I just did this, so that isn't/wasn't the problem. I have never seen that motor spin. Can I jump it and if so, from/to where?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: