furnace won't go on

Old 01-14-10, 11:23 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
furnace won't go on

I had an mercury thermostat that I thought was toast because the furnace would not go on, bought a new Honeywell programable unit installed it everything worked well for 4 days then poof nothing exchanged the thermostat installed it and worked for one day , exchanged that unit installed new thermostat and everything worked for 2 days poof nothing why would everything work when i install a new unit and then not???

Old 01-15-10, 12:23 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I think you have proved that guessing that the problem is the thermostat doesn't work very reliably.

Do you have an AC voltmeter and an understanding of how to use it?

Old 01-15-10, 09:52 AM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
To answer your question - Because every time you changed stats, you were also resetting the furnace control board, without knowing it.

Yes, we can help you DIY your furnace if you have a multimeter to test with, as SP said. We can even tell you how to use it. HF has them on sale again starting this weekend for only $1.99. Need to buy a couple more. Fried mine yesterday when forgot to take it off ohms setting. Luckily I had more test meters.

After I leave to go to work, have to access wall furnace and substitute lower rated thermodisc fan switch (130-15F to a 105-20) to see if too-low btu output then will allow fan to come on AUTO. Can't wait to try this. If this works, this will really make my day. Need to pretest with voltmeter since I found this thermodisc last night in my mobile home furnace parts collection, and don't know if good or bad. But I''ll find out with multimeter, jumper leads, hair dryer, and thermometer.

Old 11-05-11, 09:06 PM
L
How do I get my Home Furnace turned back on

I have a question as how do I get my Furnace to come back on,I turned off the gas line because I was moving a gas line.After the work was done I turned on the range and water heater but not the gas line to the furnace,which I jus

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: