Ruud Deluxe 90 noise

Old 01-18-10, 07:27 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Ruud Deluxe 90 noise

The Ruud Deluxe 90 makes a real high pitched squeel, so high pitched it's almost like the ringing in my ears I get sometimes. If I have just the Fan on, heating part of the furnas not running, there is no noise. When the heating moter kicks in that's where the noise is coming from. The top moter that exausts to the outside, I think. I've taken off that top panel and looked at the moter but can not find anywhere to oil it?

Old 01-18-10, 07:35 AM
You will probably need to replace the inducer assembly as the bearings are not designed to be oiled.

Old 01-18-10, 08:20 AM
M
It kind of looks like the back can be taken off the motor, almost like there are some snaps that hold the back on that house the coils etc from the motor. Is this maybe a way to oil it? Sorry to be doubtfull, I'd rather spend an hour or two of my labor and a few drops of oil, versus 168$ plus shipping.
Sam

Old 01-18-10, 08:21 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I agree with Skip.

My suggestion would be to look to buy the whole inducer motor assembly from a distributor for the furnace. That includes the motor, fan and the portion of the furnace that screws into the furnace as one already assembled part that just needs to be screwed in.

Usually the fan is corroded onto the motor shaft, and trying to get it off is difficult at best.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: