Honeywell s8610u 24V Connection - No Voltage

Old 02-20-10, 05:55 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Honeywell s8610u 24V Connection - No Voltage

I installed a new Aprilaire 600A whole house humidifier to my Trane furnace which has the Honeywell S8610U ignition module. We connected the Aprilaire humidistat to the 24V (connector #6) but that did not trigger the solenoid to open up on a call for humidity. When connected to TH-W (connector #7) the humidifier / solenoid operates correctly. Does the S8610U not have a connection to indicate when the blower motor is activated or do I need to leave the connection to TH-W which activates the humidifier when the ignition turns on?

Old 02-23-10, 07:34 AM
E
I dont know what connector 6 is and i assume TH-W is thermostat W, heat. then humidifier would be hooked up to W so that it comes on only when W is activated which is when there is a call for heat.

Old 02-23-10, 08:27 AM
K
Thanks. Connector 6 is labeled "24V". However, we tested that connection and there is no voltage. In further research I found a PDF on the Honeywell S8610U module and it says not to use the 24V terminal on the S8610U. So I believe we have it set up correctly - we were just trying to find a connection that triggers the humidifier by the start of the blower motor but it should be fine being triggered by a call for heat.

Thanks for the response!

Old 02-23-10, 04:56 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Humidifier

Most furnaces have terminals on the control board (not the ignition module) labeled for humidifier connection. If your furnace does not have such terminals I prefer to use an inductive pick up attached around the heating speed fan wire.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: