Air not very hot

Old 02-20-10, 07:41 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Air not very hot

I have a 50,000 btu colman gas furnace, 80aflue and the air does not seem very hot. The furnace seems to operate correctly. The only problem is the air is not very hot. I have checked other peoples furnaces and the outlet air on those seems much hotter. I am getting a 30 degree temp increase. Is that hot enough? Should I attempt to turn the gas pressure regulator on the furnace up?

Old 02-20-10, 08:07 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
No, don't change the gas pressure.

You shouls find the rating plate for the furnace in the burner compartment of the furnace. It should list the acceptable lower and upper heat rise ---- what is listed for that range?

Do you have a natural gas or propane furnace?

What other gas appliances do you have? Do they appear to be working normally?

Do you have unusually cold or wet weather conditions?

Is this low heat rise something that has changed recently or has it always been that way?

Note: please answer all the questions.

Old 02-20-10, 08:09 PM
F
Received 39 Upvotes on 31 Posts
First question is, does the furnace heat the home adequately?

Second question, does it recover from a deep temperature setback, say, ten degrees, in a reasonable time period. An hour and a half is reasonable for a ten degree rise.

Third question, what is the minimum and what is the maximum temperature rise stated on the furnace ratings plate?

Definitely DO NOT increase the gas pressure!

Quite honestly, a lower temperature rise, as long as it is above the minimum specified by the manufacturer, is better for the equipment AND for the house and its contents PLUS it will save a bit on fuel.

Old 02-23-10, 06:11 PM
M
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Is this in a mobile home? If yes, the burner orifice may be blocked with a spider nest. Are you able to clock the meter to determine actual input. does your Gas co make service calls? If yes, you may be well served to call them to clock the meter.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: