lennox g26

Old 03-03-10, 04:37 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
lennox g26

I have a lennox G26 that keeps getting water in the blower motor, and cuts off, the easy f/temp fix is i remove the unit and pour out the water reattach , and she will run fine for a few days. Eventually she will cut off,and ill have to repeat the process, can anyone help me diagnose...please advise

Old 03-03-10, 09:06 AM
E
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If you have a 90 plus furnace and you are getting water in the little inducer fan motor, and how long have had the furnace? how cold is it outside? has it done this in previous years? i only ask because sometimes on cold cold days when the furnace constantly runs they sometimes produce too much water and cause that. But sounds like one of the drain tubes coming off of the inducer fan motor has clogged up, check the plastic tubes and continue down if you dont find a clog immediately. if thats not the solution i would say that the pvc lines going into/out of your furnace are sized too small. if u dont have a 90 plus furnace i have no idea whats wrong.

Old 03-03-10, 09:43 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Yes, very likely the drain lines are plugged up in some way. Checking that out is the place to start.

Odds are good you'll find black mold plugging up something. The warm, moist environment can start that kind of growth, although the acidic condensate water usually discourages that.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: