honeywell spark ing. problem

Old 03-06-10, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
honeywell spark ing. problem

got nordyne mod.G2RR075C13, GAS VALVE honeyell VR8204H 1055. 75,000 BTU furnace,honeywell spark ing.did't see number on it,white/red stripe steady 24 volts trough pressure switch and rollout back to spark module ,see pilot light for 1or2 sec.strong pilot but shuts off /on/off.black wire comming off spark mod.#3 pv .24v to gas valve but intermitten like pilot

Last edited by wshappley7496; 03-06-10 at 01:25 PM. Reason: needs work
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-10, 01:46 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The pilot will have an orifice inside the end of it where the pilot flame is. I'd take out the pilot assembly and clean out the orifice (which will be such a tiny hole that even when clean, you can barely see light through the hole).

Then I'd polish any flame sensor that may be attached.

If none is attached, then I'd polish up any metal on it that the pilot flame comes in contact with (as without a regular flame sensor, that would be the route the flame sensing may take).

And make sure any ground wire attached between it and the control module is not corroded (unscrew and clean and rescrew if neeed be).

And make sure that if the pilot assembly has various metal pieces that use screws or nuts/bolts to hold it together, that I'd unscrew and clean any rust from these mating surfaces and reassemble, as ground and/or flame sense current may flow through it back to the ignition module.

Also, detach any electrical wire between the gas valve and the module and rehook back up to make sure you have good clean connection.