Ducane furnace trouble

Old 03-08-10, 12:15 PM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ducane furnace trouble

Hi , I have High eff Ducane furnace that I am having trouble with, I will start with a little history.

Last fall (Nov 09) I replaced the combustion fan (old one noisy finally quit), after replacing fan, furnace would not ignite, Traced trouble back to pressure switch not working, I reset the diaphragm in switch blowing in one air port. Furnace ignited and worked great for about 1 month, then same trouble arose, (meanwhile I had picked up a new pressure switch) I replaced switch and everything was good for a little less than a month. same thing happened, I reset diaphragm in switch again (by blowing in air port). checked hoses to make sure of no air impedances. again this morning same issue happened.

Can anyone help me with this trouble, is it possible that I have switch installed incorrectly ??

Any help is appreciated

Old 03-08-10, 02:32 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When a pressure switch fails to close on a furnace, the problem is a bad pressure switch about 5% of the time. 95% of the time the furnace or venting is obstructed in some way and the pressure switch is shutting off for a reason.

Old 03-08-10, 05:32 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mollard View Post
checked hoses to make sure of no air impedances. again this morning same issue happened.
Which hoses?: Vacuum? But also make sure water drain hoses have no impedances.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: