York Diamond 90 gas - 3 flashes (pressure switch stuck open)

Old 03-21-10, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
York Diamond 90 gas - 3 flashes (pressure switch stuck open)

Read previous thread about Diamond 90 issue(http://forum.doityourself.com/gas-oi...ver-place.html). I've got 3 blinks as the error code, which translates to "Pressure switch stuck open". It looks like fixing this may be easy - some suggest a leaf or something blocking "intake".

The furnace has been working normally since we bought the house nearly 2 years ago, so I don't think this is an installation issue. The house has 2 furnaces, one for downstairs and one for up. The downstairs furnace is the one that is now blowing only cold air. The control panel clicks on and then off if I switch from OFF to AUTO, and sometimes clicks several times. Might this indicate a fault in the control panel and not the furnace itself? However, the blinking error light was observed on the furnace unit itself, not on the control panel.

I'm very new to this, and will likely call a pro anyway, but if there's a very simple way to remove an obstruction like a leaf, can you please post a detailed explanation?

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-10, 02:09 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Update: tech has diagnosed it as a faulty inducer. He showed me the motor with and without power to it, and it's clear there's power but no motion. The inducer supplies suction to close the pressure switch, which is why it was stuck open.

$75 labor and about $450 for the inducer. Hope this fixes it!