Beckett Oil Burner

Old 04-14-10, 12:03 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Beckett Oil Burner

I just purchased a new Beckett AFG oil burner Model B2007 with Genisys control for my oil fired boiler. My question is, do I have to do anything special for this burner to work. I installed the burner exactly the way the manual says. The burner will not even turn on.I put my old one back in and it starts right up. My old burner is a Carlin which is thirty years old. Skip

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-10, 08:05 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
New Beckett

If I remember correctly the Genisys has a 30 second delay built in while it does an internal check. If you have given it ample time, let me know & I'll dig deeper.

Old 04-28-10, 06:16 PM
How are you going to adjust the burner after you get it going? That control needs to be set up to run the way it needs to on your boiler. You need a special tool. Not something to play with its not like fixing a washing machine or dryer.

Old 04-29-10, 08:50 AM
There's a lot more to replacing a burner than just popping in a new burner. Unless you really know what you're doing the new burner could really cause some problems if the flame pattern isn't correct. Without proper fitment your efficiency could easily drop and there's even the possiblity of damaging the boiler. If you didn't order the burner directly from your boiler manufacturer for your boiler model there's a good chance it isn't set up properly. It's also really important to be able to set the burner properly for an efficient burn especially with a new burner.

I haven't had to work with many of the Genisys controls but those that I have installed have gone in easy, just hook up 120v and it'll fire right up. If yours is equipped with thermostat terminals and your burner is only fired via line voltage from the aquastat you will have to jumper those terminals.

Old 04-30-10, 03:27 PM
the ones I've worked with start right up. If you'r controled by a aquastat make sure of the jumper. Also, make sure the flame timing and pre and post purge time (if any) matches the old burner. If not you'll need to program the genisys which needs a special programmer