Rheem Furnace issue

Old 05-10-10, 11:33 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Rheem Furnace issue

Good afternoon folks!

I don't have a solid grasp of the terminalogy with furnaces, so I am going to try my best:

When my furnace first motor starts, it takes about 60 seconds until the burner is lit and shortly thereafter, it "kicks on" and heat is coming out of the vents. This is normal.

After a few minutes of running, the burner? shuts off and no air is coming out of the vents, but the furnace motor is still running (the same exact sound it makes during the first 60 seconds when it turns on). I can turn the thermostat to "off" and back to "heat" and the heat will come back on as normal, but its consistently not relighting itself.

I can also turn the switch on the furnace to off and back on and I get the same thing....it works again, but only for one lit cycle.

If I had to guess, the problem is with my ignitor, but I am coming to you guys for some assistance. I can tell you th eignotor has been replaced in the past as indicated on the service sticker, but cannot remember what year off the top of my head.

If you can diagnose the problem, please let me know if it's a DIY project or worth getting someone out to make the repair.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-10, 04:13 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
sounds like board is messed up or ur limit switch is cutting the furnace off.

Old 05-10-10, 07:22 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
May be simple

This could be a simple fix or not but we can cover a couple of the simple things. First, are all the vents open & not blocked by furnishings including curtins? Is the air filter clean?