Which furnace is best for my house?

Old 09-14-10, 06:51 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Smile Which furnace is best for my house?

.... HELP ME FIGURE THIS ONE OUT PLS~!....FOUND OUT TODAY...WITH 2BIT RESEARCH ON BUYING FURNACE MINE IS OVER 34YRS JUST BROKE DOWN A DAY AGO...SO I GOT 3 QUOTES IN PAST MONTH... I HAVE TO MAKE DECISION... ALMOST DECIDED WITH A TRANE 95 FURNACE. BUT.. GOT NERVOUS ...FEEL I NEED TO KNOW MORE...BRAND/KIND/BTU/FEATURES WHAT MATTER MOST? ...WHAT OTHER QUESTIONS I NEED TO HAVE ANSWERED? CONSIDERING TRANE XC95. YES, TOP OF THE LINE...MAYBE TOO MUCH SYSTEM FOR MY NEEDS, BUT I DO WANT QUALITY...SEARS HAS KENMORE CARRIER BRAND...ANY GOOD? KNOW SERVICE AND REPAIR IS GREAT ALWAYS DEPENDABLE SO FAR FOR ME! NOT INTENDING TO PUT IN AIR CONDITIONER OR HEAT PUMP, THESE...ADD ONS....EXTRA "COMMUNICATING CAPABILITY/USER INTERFACE ETC COMES WITH THE TRANE. SELL FEATURES BUT HOW IMPORTANT IS THIS? DEALER HAS QUOTED ME $5000 PLUS TAX..YIKES. HE STRESSES EFFICIENCY. i NEED TO HAVE ENERGY GUIDE QUALITY TO GET GOV'T REBATE...WHAT SYSTEM IS GOOD BUT DOESN'T ROB THE BANK? WHAT ABOUT TESP i ASKED GUY WHO WOULD INSTALL SYSTEM... WASN'T DONE BEFORE HE RECOMMENDED TRANE...NOW HE SAYS A GUY CAN COME OUT AND DO THIS NOW...OK? DETERMINING THE BTU FOR AN 1150 SQ FOOT HOME WITH 2 FLOORS WALKOUT = 2300 TOT SQ FEET HE FIGURES 80,000 SOME SAY THAT SHOULD BE FINE. WHAT OPINIONS YOU HAVE OUT THERE....PLS ONLY THOSE WITH DIRECT EXPERIENCE WITH FURNACES OF THIS TYPE RESPOND SO I DON'T GET MORE CONFUSED. THANKS!

Old 09-14-10, 07:00 PM
F
Received 39 Upvotes on 31 Posts
Step one, turn of the CAP LOCK. It makes it difficult to read and is considered shouting.

Step two, read back several months in this category. Your question is not a new one and I along with several others have written volumes on selecting a new furnace.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: