Open Rollout Switch

Old 12-12-00, 01:52 AM
cacolwell
Visiting Guest
Angry

I have a York Heater. The heat ignites, but later shuts off even though the fan stays on blowing cold air. The red light blinks five times. My book says OPEN ROLLOUT SWITCH. It doesnt tell me anything on HOW to do this/ What is this and how do I fix it???

Please help-- I am lost with this type of stuff.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-00, 02:25 AM
PDF
Visiting Guest
Combustion air

Your unit is starved for air.The flame is actually rolling out of the combustion chamber searchng for air.You have to make sure you have a positive flow thru your heat exchanger,chimney,flue pipe and or ventor fan motor.A cracked heat exchanger will also pressurize that area

Old 12-13-00, 04:12 PM
fjrachel
Visiting Guest
On york systems, rollout switches are located on sheild surrounding burners. There are usually three. One on top, one on either side of burners. They have a little reset button in the middle. Reset and watch, if the flames come back out and trip the switch, call a tech. You have problems you can't fix. Do not by-pass these switches for any reason. They are for your safety. I have seen these trip during high wind,pressure situations outside, which caused a non-venting problem.