Bryant oil furnace (#369AAN) with Beckett afg oil burner

Old 09-23-10, 11:30 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bryant oil furnace (#369AAN) with Beckett afg oil burner

I was curious as to if anyone can tell me anything about the above product(s).

Reason being is because I had no choice in which new high-efficiency furnace would be installed. I have a home warranty through AHS (which is horrible) and this is the product that was installed. Are they as good as anyone else? Is there a big difference in brands (Carrier, Armstrong) since they are now all high efficient and have to pass certain government standards?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-10, 09:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
The Bryant is exactly the same as the Carrier, Heil, & Tempstar. Certainly not one of my favorites especially if installed in the downflow configuration.

Old 09-28-10, 04:20 PM
Not all systems are the same but in very few cases you will pay for the name. To answer your question the furnace and burner are standard and that is not considered high efficent it is actually standard. It has been found condensing oil equipment is not a good idea, so the standards have stayed the same. Gas has high efficent units but remember oil has a higher btu output than gas so it is a wash when you talk output.

Old 09-29-10, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by onealmech View Post
Not all systems are the same but in very few cases you will pay for the name. To answer your question the furnace and burner are standard and that is not considered high efficent it is actually standard. It has been found condensing oil equipment is not a good idea, so the standards have stayed the same. Gas has high efficent units but remember oil has a higher btu output than gas so it is a wash when you talk output.
So, basically what you are saying is that now-a-days, most oil furnaces are the same in some ways and that the more expensive units, you are just paying for the name? Also, high-efficient furnaces are non-existant when the fuel is oil? Only natural gas/propane? Am I reading this correctly? Just curious because the paperwork that I received says that this is a decent and efficient furnace.

Old 09-29-10, 04:54 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Natural gas has about 100,000 btu's per 100 cubic feet(or 1 therm). And oil has about 140,000 btu's per gallon. So you can do the math and compare price of 1 therm of natural gas to that of one gallon of oil, and then figure that the oil delivers 40% more heat. Then come to your conclusions.

Old 10-01-10, 09:51 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
There are a few oil fired furnaces which are exceptions to the rule such as Thermo-Pride (extremely well built) & Kerr (a 90% efficient model) but in general, an oil fired furnace is an oil fired furnace.