Gas Furnace Blower Will Not Turn Off

Old 10-04-10, 04:28 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Gas Furnace Blower Will Not Turn Off

Hi there. My first post so I will try to get it right. We have a Borg/Warner Gas furnace in our townhouse. We bought the place here in NJ 6 years ago and the place was built mid 1980's. I am assuming it is original equipment.

Model Number is P3UG12N06501A and Serial Number is EHRM206313. I pulled these numbers off the data "plate" on the unit. The issue is that once the heat function is done, the blower will not turn off. I usually can turn it off by gently smacking the side of the HVAC unit.

Has anyone else had this problem? I am pretty handy when working on some things so I will try anything at least once. I do know my limits though. . . .

I would appreciate any advice/suggestions. Thanks in advance. JP

Old 10-04-10, 04:52 PM
K
If it's an older unit with a fan/limit switch the fan's off setting may be too low. If the off setting is too low then the furnace will never cool down enough to shut the fan off.

Old 10-05-10, 02:01 PM
E
sounds like the fan/limit control is getting stuck when it cools off and you smackin it moves it down. so you might need a new one of those. if you open the furnace you should see a circular disc that spins slowly when the burners come on/off and thats the fan/limit

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: