furnace

Old 10-04-10, 05:56 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
furnace

Furnice model number is 58way075-jc. Furnice will not run in auto at all. If you turn the switch to fan the fan will blow cold air. Again will not run in auto. What do i do ?

Old 10-04-10, 06:45 PM
K
There's a good chance that the "switch" between the R and W terminals on the t-stat isn't working.

Old 10-04-10, 06:51 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
It sounds like the furnace is not firing for one reason or another.

Old 10-05-10, 06:19 PM
D
furnace

Originally Posted by kyoung22
There's a good chance that the "switch" between the R and W terminals on the t-stat isn't working.
when i put swetch to cool that works or i put it on fan,that works to. its just heat. are you saying i need a new t-stat.

Old 10-05-10, 06:30 PM
K
No, if the furnace is running in the fan and cool modes then the t-stat is probably alright. Like Grady said, it sounds like the furnace just isn't firing. There could be a problem between only the R and W terminals of the t-stat but it's more likely that the problem is with your furnace.

Old 10-05-10, 06:47 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Can you use a voltmeter? You can test at the furnace low volt terminal bar where you see the thin wires and terminals marked R,W, G, Y, C - or something like that. Your first test should be to set your voltmeter to ac current and put the red lead on R and the black lead on C. You should have 24 VAC. Do you? You also should have 24 VAC power from W to C, if you set the stat to call for heat. Do you? I could keep going with what ifs, but need to know these before moving on.

Oh! If this terminal bar is in the blower compartment, you have to duct tape that safety switch so that it is closed and current can pass. Remember that switch is live at 120 volts.

Oops. I already know you have 24 VAC at R because the fan works (that is, if the fan is run at the stat).

Old 10-08-10, 03:03 AM
D
i jumped the r-w switch, instintly the furance turned on, and went thru a cycle but would not turn on again. i called a heating company, they checked it out. ended up being the main board. thanks for the help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: