Nordyne CMF-80 power oil Installation Question - Exhaust Venting

Old 10-10-10, 07:19 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Nordyne CMF-80 power oil Installation Question - Exhaust Venting

I'm replacing an old Fuel Oil furnace in my 1978 Trailer home with a pre-owned Nordyne CMF-80 furnace. I have everything set except the alignment of the exhaust on the top of the furnace is about 5" further back than the pipe going through the ceiling. I'm wondering what my options are, basically can I use 2 45 degree angle sections to meet up with the original flue or should I elevate the furnace and re-align the base pan with an offset feeder duct to be able to run the exhaust straight up like the original furnace's exhaust...

Oh, and if I can use the 2 45 degree angle sections of pipe, what do I have to do with the barrel around the exhaust pipe?

Please help, it's getting colder everyday

Old 10-12-10, 06:08 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 35 Votes on 33 Posts
Used Furnace

I don't suggest installing a used furnace unless it has been COMPLETELY gone over by an experieced service person.

The preferable way to cure your vent problem is to cut a new hole & patch the old one.
Next best is to use a Nordyne offset pipe (Nordyne part # 901697).*
*Presumes the furnace being replaced was a Nordyne MMG series.
Since the MMG series used a 5" vent, the roof jack (chimney) would need to be replaced with a Nordyne SRJ series roof jack.

From your question about "the barrel around the exhaust pipe", it sounds like you did not have an MMG. The make & model of the old furnace would be helpful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: