ICG Furnace

Old 10-19-10, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question ICG Furnace

Hello, my ICG natural gas furnace won't come on high fan.
The pilot stays on-no issue.
Once the temp drops in the house the 2 burners light. Then, the fan won't run in the auto setting. It runs in the manual / on setting with no noise, sqeaks, or anything. MY central air ran fine all summer.The furnace is 20 years old.
Any ideas??
Thanks

Model #HGD-90

Old 10-19-10, 06:34 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Does the blower fan wires plug into the spades on a control board? If so, one will say HEAT. See if 120 volts there at spade, to ground, during call for heat and after a certain amount of time(since blower/HEAT spade may not normally come on for 30-90 seconds after the fire starts). If yes, try plugging a different motor speed wire onto that spade. [!!Do not use browns, white or green!!]

If you have some other arrangement, still could be speed winding out (you could ohms test each speed wire to neutral, and each speed wire to ground or motor case), a motor relay out somewhere, or board issue.

Last edited by ecman51; 10-19-10 at 06:51 PM.
Old 10-19-10, 06:38 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Most furnace fans can be switched between a high speed fan for air conditioning and perhaps for the fan on setting and a lower speed for circulating warm air.

So I'd check to see if only the high speed is operating and something is defective in the low speed circuit to power the motor or in the low speed winding of the motor.

Read that circuit diagram! Check to see where the 120 VAC is being switched on to the motor!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: