No heat from the furnace

Old 10-26-10, 01:32 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
No heat from the furnace

Hi:

My Carrier furnace is not blowing any heat. When I raise the temperature and press "Heat" on the thermostat, I hear a humming sound from the furnace but no hot air. In the past when it used to work, a loud constant blower sound would follow the motor humming sound and I would feel hot air gushing from the vents. This is not happening anymore except the motor sound. What might the problem be? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-27-10, 11:40 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
humming is the inducer fan motor, the next sequence of events is to pull in the pressure switch(round, black, 2 inches across, with 2 wires and a rubber hose going into it), sometimes they get stuck, so go to the furnace. you might want to see if you can close the switch by sucking on the rubber hose until u hear a soft click, it will be quiet so pay attention. normally after that switch is closed the burners come one, a flame sensor(which can go bad rather quickly) senses the heat and allows unit to continue to run. if you see the flames come on and quickly go out, then clean or replace flame sens0r, it would be slightly immersed in the flame, the flame sensor that is, looks like a mini screw driver with no tip

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: