Furnace Question

Old 10-29-10, 06:26 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Furnace Question

2 Questions: I have an 18 year old gas furnace, that i do not think is equiped enough for the 2700sq ft. Blower is constantly kicking on, every 5 minutes or so, to blow all the hot air through out the house. I am wondering, with all the energy rebates, if I should be thinking of replacing it before the end of the year, and if so how much this would cost.
Other issue, is that the pilot has gone out 3 times this week, and I checked the Thermocuple, and that looks ok. It has been very windy out this week, so I am wondering if that has something to do with it. Should be no draft in the finished basement, but could it be coming from the chimney?
Thanks
JKurth

Old 10-29-10, 07:31 AM
J
Down to 1 question

Ok, no rebate money left, so I will not be replacing furnace now. Can someone help me understand my pilot issue?

Old 10-29-10, 09:36 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Please describe the symptoms you are experiencing in more detail, and provide the make and model of the furnace you have. The model can be obtained from the rating plate in the burner compartment of the furnace.

Old 10-29-10, 10:53 AM
B
what rebate are you talking about? There is a federal tax credit when you buy a high efficiency furnace. Local gas utilities may also have rebates.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: