Trane Furnace xl90

Old 10-31-10, 09:22 AM
Q
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Trane Furnace xl90

Hi,
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. I have a trane furnace xl90, 2 stages, that is not working. The red light on the control board is completely off and i changed the circuit switch, which made the heat come on for a little bit. However, nothing is happening anymore even if i change it again. My furnace makes a "gooooonnnn" sound whenever the black button is pressed. Please, HELP!!!

Old 10-31-10, 01:32 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Check to make sure the circuit breaker is on as well as any power switch near the furnace. Be sure the fan compartment cover is in place, depressing the door switch.

Take the cover off the burner compartment. Turn up the thermostat. There should be a small fan motor that starts up when the thermostat is turned up.

Is all that happening? What else happens?

Also, post the model number of the furnace from the rating plate in the burner compartment.

Old 11-01-10, 08:10 AM
Q
Model # TDX100R948V2

The "goonnn" sound that i told you about i believe that is the fan. I cleaned the filter and the blower door. I changed the fuse. There is just no light (red or green) on the control board. My outlet is fine and there is electricity coming bc i plugged other things and they work fine. There is no gas smell and the furnace is not hot at all.

Thank you

Old 11-01-10, 08:18 AM
You still need to post the model number of the furnace from the rating plate in the burner compartment of the furnace.

Is the noise coming from the small inducer motor trying to start or the fan motor that circulates air around the house?

And is the motor actually starting or is it seized up and not turning?

Old 11-01-10, 08:56 AM
Q
I can't find the model number in the burner compartment.

The ECM motor is not working, i think. There is corrosion under it and i found and cleaned soot in the gas pipe that links it to the ignitor. Is it possible to clean the venting inducer?

I also can't get to the burner, its in this metal case!

Old 11-01-10, 10:46 AM
Sounds like you need a pro to make these repairs for you and to make sure the furnace is operating properly.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: