Goodman GMP100-3 Continuous blinking light.

Old 11-03-10, 11:02 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Goodman GMP100-3 Continuous blinking light.

I have a goodman GMP100-3 that has a continuous blinking status light. it will not do anything. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Old 11-03-10, 12:04 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
At least on some Goodman furnaces, a three blink diagnostic code indicates the pressure switch has failed to close.

If you turn the thermostat down so it's not calling for heat, does that blink code continue? If it does, try turning the power off for 30 seconds, then back on. Does the blink code continue?

In general, I wouldn't expect that diagnostic code unless the thermostat was turned up, calling for heat. At that point the small inducer motor fan in the furnace should turn on and come up to speed to provide venting for the furnace.

If it fails to do so, I'd expect you to get that code indicating that the pressure switch hasn't verified that the inducer motor and venting system are working properly.

Is that small motor on or trying to turn on, or warm to the touch indicating it's trying to turn on?

Old 11-03-10, 01:14 PM
L
it has a faint hum, and when the thermostat is turned up there is a slight click, it will not do anything else. The status codes i found online says that a rapid continuous blink indicates incorrect twinning, or incorrect primary polarity.

Last edited by lrlucas; 11-03-10 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-03-10, 03:51 PM
E
Where is the "it" that hums? You did not answer SP's last question.

Old 11-04-10, 11:52 AM
L
it is not a 3 blink code, it is rapid continuous. The blink codes continues the same way no matter if the thermostat is turned down or up. i tried unplugging it and plugging it back in still blinks the same. The draft inducer motor does not even try to come on at all. The humming noise is coming from the main blower motor, but it does not come on either. I replaced the draft inducer motor last year because it had seized up.

Old 11-04-10, 04:02 PM
E
Some furnaces work somewhat different than others, as far as safety requirements go. Maybe yours requires the blower to work before allowing anything else to work. If it really is true that the big blower really hums, yet is not running, it could mean the bearings are bad, or it needs a new capacitor, or windings in the motor are shot. You can test and verify if 120 volts is energized at terminals that send power to the blower. If yes, then you have one of the issues stated. If no, then that hum is traveling through the metal, and is really coming from something else.

Old 11-12-10, 02:13 PM
T
Do you have the manual? My goodman manual states that a continuous blink means that you have reverse polarity or the ground connection is bad. Have you messed with any wires lately?

Old 11-13-10, 02:05 PM
L
I do not have the manual. I have not messed with any wires before the problem arose. I have tried to reverse the polarity and still nothing. Will check the ground though.

Old 11-13-10, 02:21 PM
Here is a link to a manual for a GMT furnace.

A second link is to the manual on an ignition manual often used on GMT furnaces which has a rapid blink code which isn't a diagnostic code in the first manual:

http://site.famousparts.com/goodman/PDF/IO-137CE-A.pdf

http://www.icmcontrols.com/downloads/ICM280-ig.pdf

In general, you want to check the polarity of the wiring for the furnace. If it's correct then replace the ignition control.

Old 11-17-10, 02:52 PM
L
ok had to replace circuit board, it had 2 burnt places on the back of it. Furnace worked fine for a whole day, now it won't work again. The problem this time is the draft inducer turns on then you can hear clicking nothing else. I got into the attic checked the igniter, and it glows. But no flame.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: