Bryant(Carrier) 582A wont heat

Old 11-08-10, 03:54 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bryant(Carrier) 582A wont heat

I tried to fire up my five year old unit and it would not heat.

I removed the panel and heard the fan running but no flame. THe error code was flashing. I turned the unit off at the thermostat but it kept on running. Then I pulled the breaker and the error code light remained constant (no blinking).

Turning the thermostat on again I witnessed the flame come on for about fifteen seconds. Then the fan cycled on and out went the flame. The error sensor then blinked seven times -roll out switch.

We replaced the board last year and were given a clean bill of health.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Old 11-08-10, 05:24 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
There are a sequence of events that occur once the thermostat is turned up. You aren't relating that sequence in a way that makes sense.

So take the cover off the burner compartment. Turn the thermostat down. Shut the power off for thirty seconds.

Then turn on the power. Turn up the thermostat and carefully notice what sequence of events occurs. You might have to repeat that a few times until what's happening is clear to you.

Old 11-10-10, 10:21 AM
J
Did this again. After turning on Thermostat the flame comes on but then the blower comes on the flame goes out.

Old 11-10-10, 11:32 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Sorry, but you still are not relating in detail what is happening. Can't help you unless you decide to do that work.

Old 11-10-10, 06:09 PM
E
If the blower really is causing the rollout switch(es) to trip, this might not be a good sign.

Do you have a voltmeter to test with if we tell you where and how to test?

Old 11-11-10, 04:29 PM
M
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
A friend has a Carrier and it was doing the same thing. I found a loose wire in the t'stat sub-base that was touching another wire. Easy fix there. You might try taking all the wires off the terminal strip on the furnace and then install a jumper on the red and white terminals, see if it will complete the cycle.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: