Rheem Corsaire Model FGLJ-07EAUER Air filter location

Old 11-11-10, 06:24 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Rheem Corsaire Model FGLJ-07EAUER Air filter location

It's starting to get cold here in CO and in looking at my furnace yesterday I noticed there isn't a air filter anywhere!! I've tried looking up manuals...no luck. I just want to put a filter in the right location.

Can someone help me???

Old 11-11-10, 11:05 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Filters should be located in the return air stream before the air gets to the fan.

Occasionally you'll find filters located right at the return air grill in a ceiling. Usually the grill will swing out to provide access to a space to hold the filter.

Otherwise the most common location is just outside the furnace where the return air duct connects with the furnace, or just inside the fan compartment of the furnace. Removing the fan compartment door will often reveal a space to hold the filter.

Usually there will be a support for the filter to hold it in place without being collapsed by the air flow.

Old 11-12-10, 11:58 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
There is one in the return in the ceiling which is a few feet away from where the furnace is. I put one inside the top half of the furnace (It was too tall but the only one I had in the house last night) where the fan compartment is. I will have to recheck to see if there is an actual space for it go with a correct size.

Thanks for your help. Just trying to make sure my furnace won't crap out on me and cause me major problems!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: