The furnace glowplug???

Old 12-18-00, 12:51 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

My furnace wouldn't come on and an electrician told me that I needed the glow plug or the mechanism that lights the gas to heat the house. Could I replace this part myself if I read up on it? And, if I can, where can I get the proper information that I would need?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-00, 03:42 AM
PDF
Visiting Guest
YES

If you are mechanicaly inclined,if you have assorted tools and if you are real careful you'll be all set.Get the model and serial #s to make sure you get an OEM part.Turn power off to unit,make a note exactly how it is mounted.When handling new one be gentle.PDF

Old 12-18-00, 04:01 PM
fjrachel
Visiting Guest
Do you have the paper work that goes with your furnace? It will more than likely have a parts break down and pictoral. Electrician's are not known for their HVAC expertise. There are proving switches and control boards and sensors that are part of that circuit. Did the electrician put an ohm meter on the HSI(hot surface ignition) to check it. If not, your grasping at straws.
Give us make and model and some symptoms. And like PDF says if you mechanically inclined, we can walk you through the proceedures.