Frigidaire G6RC not heating

Old 11-23-10, 07:47 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Frigidaire G6RC not heating

I had my furnace set to 70, when I woke up yesterday it was only 64 in here & the furnace was not running. I switched the furnace off and on again via the thermostat, which got it running, but it would only heat to 66, then wouldn't run for a very long time. I changed the filter, still nothing. Tried changing the thermostat to a programmable on, worked a little better but wouldn't go above 70. This morning it was back to 64. It worked again when I shut off the thermostat and then flipped the reset (?) switch on the furnace itself (the light switch on the furnace itself). The blower is working, it fires up but later after a cycle or two it almost sounds like its trying to refire while the blower if going but nothing catches. There is a red light inside that blinks 4 times. Any ideas??? I'm really broke and don't know if I have the money to call someone until the 1st, my kids & I are CHILLY!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-10, 03:59 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If your furnace has 2 doors and one is a bigger one - remove it and run the furnace and watch to see exactly what all tries to come on, and when. And how long it takes for the fire to go out, because that is what is happening. You may be high-limiting (furnace overheating and shutting down). We can coach you in detail if you are around.

Old 11-23-10, 07:01 PM
At first if I shut off the furnace and start it up again its all normal - fires up and shuts off not long after the blower starts. I definitely have flame tho. But after a few cycles it only fires up for a few moments, but the blower continous to run. Very confused because last night & this afternoon again it has gone up to 68! Yet this morning it was back to 64 even tho the thermostat was set at 60. I've heard the high-limiting/overheating theory before. Is that something I may be able to fix myself?