York Diamond 80

Old 11-27-10, 10:40 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
York Diamond 80

Hey everyone,
I needed to move my thermostat to a new wall so I unhooked it, pulled the wires down through the wall and then pulled them back up through the wall I wanted the thermostat on. I hooked the thermostat back up, and now my furnace wont work. It was working fine before I moved I moved it. I've checked all the wires, the breaker, the on/off switch on the furnace. I can't get the fan or the air conditioner to kick on either. When I adjust the temp on the thermostat you can hear the thermostat click. When I go down to the furnace and flip the on/off switch you can hear a light hum when it is turned on, but that's it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

BTW, it's a York Diamond 80 model P3HUA12N06401A, about 12 years old.

Thanks guys

Old 11-27-10, 10:43 AM
R
And the thermostat is a White Rodgers, model 1F80-361

Old 11-27-10, 11:29 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You can use a jumper wire to connect the R and W junctions at the furnace together. That should turn on the heat. If it doesn't you have a problem at the furnace.

Old 11-27-10, 11:40 AM
R
I used a paper clip to connect the R and W functions together and still nothing! I can't believe that it was working fine until I moved the thermostat, but that would probably be my luck.
Should there be any power at the red wire? I used multimeter to check and there wasn't any?

Old 11-27-10, 11:59 AM
Next check to see that the circuit breaker is in the on position, that the power switch at the furnace is turned on and the fan compartment door is properly closed which depresses the door switch.

Use your multimeter to check and see if you have 24 VAC between the R and C terminals.

Old 11-27-10, 12:29 PM
R
I checked the circuit breaker, the power switch on the furnace and made sure the door switch was depressed.

I used my multimeter and checked between the R and C terminals, there was 0 VAC.

Old 11-27-10, 12:45 PM
E
Test for 120 anywhere you can after the furnace switch, and also at the transformer, for both 120 and 24 volts ac. You could also send us picture of wiring diagram if the problem cannot seem to be found

Old 11-27-10, 12:54 PM
Check for an automotive type fuse on the circuit board. should be 3 or 5 amp, if it is blown replace it with the same type fuse, if not a fuse check the transformer.

Old 11-27-10, 01:01 PM
R
I checked at the transformer and found 122 on one side and 28 at the other side. The black wire coming off of the 24 vac side of the transformer has a fuse in line with the wire. When I looked at it, it was blown. Gonna run and pick one up and try that. I'll try and get some pics of the wiring diagram when I get back.

Thanks for all the help so far!

Old 11-27-10, 01:10 PM
Most of the time, a low voltage fuse blows because the thermostat wire has been shorted to ground, often by being cut on a piece of sheet metal.

So test the thermostat wires for a short to ground and inspect the thermostat wires for that kind of sheet metal cut.

Old 11-27-10, 03:23 PM
R
I got it running! I replaced the fuse and checked the voltage, and everything was looking good. Turned it all on and it fired up!

Thanks for all the help guys!!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: