trane XE 90 iginter

Old 12-04-10, 11:13 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
trane XE 90 iginter

Good Afternoon,
I have a Trane XE 90 that I had installed in 1999 along with a Trane central air conditioner. Yesterday I noticed a leak or puddle of water I found the problem & it is fixed.
She is running excellent but I was thinking since the bad weather is here I'm worried about the igniter after all she is 11 years old. My question is should I buy a spare one to have on hand? & are they easy to replace? I see four screws where she sits in & is there anything else I can do to make sure she keeps running as I don't have money to buy a new one so I need to do what I can to keep her running!.
Thank you for any help!
Will,

Old 12-08-10, 06:07 PM
H
I believe the trane XE90 uses a HSI (hot surface igniter) or are you using a spark ignition? Either way a back up is always smart. Spark ignitors do tend to weaken over time and as for the HSI or Silicone nitrade You can always test the OHMs a good HSI or SINI will read between 10-18 ohms a weak one will read much higher than the suggested 10-18. either way you look at it spare parts a life saver especially spare heating parts. they always seem to go at the worst times( middle of the night and when its below 0 ) so save yourself some time and a headache and buy a spare. no matter what you use for ignition.

Old 12-08-10, 06:12 PM
H
Oh and dont touch the heating element on the HSI and SINI. oil from your fingers can break the ignitor when they heat up. As for installing it. Its a matter of unscrew it, replace, and plug it in.

Old 12-08-10, 06:33 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Having a spare HSI is cheap insurance against a problem.

Old 12-11-10, 08:16 PM
G
Thank you for your help!. My problem is no one seems to know the model I have found two one on the inside TUX060C936B46 the other is on the outside which is TXC025C4HPCO. No one seems to come up with ether.
So my question is to get to the ignitor I have to take the cover off where the burners are?. I want to see if I can get a number off the old one. I just don't know first why there are two both saying model number & why no one knows ether!.
Anyway THANK YOU BOTH FOR YOUR HELP!
Will,

Old 12-11-10, 08:40 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Get the model number for your furnace off the rating plate un the furnace burner compartment. Use that to search for a suitable HSI.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: