Trane XL14C not heating very well

Old 12-06-10, 06:46 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Trane XL14C not heating very well

I have a Trane xlc14 that was installed this past spring. The unit just replaced a older unit and we used the existing duct work since it was good. my problem is now that winter has come and the outside temp is in the 20's the unit will not heat the house above 68 deg. It also runs all the time to keep it at this temp. There in no warm air coming out of the vent inside however the gas burnes seems to be running because the aire coming out of theexhaust vent on the side of the unit is slightly warm.
I have had the guy that put the unit in for me to come back and work on it but it seems no better .

Any ideas to what is wrong?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-10, 08:27 PM
I'd call the dealer and ask for another Tech. Something is not set up right if this doing it. Is there a two stage stat being used on this unit?

Old 12-06-10, 08:38 PM
F
I agree with Jay and call the service tech and have someone who know this set up and have to adjust it.

I think that sound like c'est a two stage unit and stuck in low heat mode unless they did not change the thermosat the same time which I wonding about that .

Merci.
Marc

Old 12-07-10, 08:21 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Does the new furnace have a significantly lower BTUH output rating than your old furnace? It's possible the dealer/installer downsized the new furnace too much and it's insufficient to heat the house to an acceptable temperature. They should perform a Manual J heat load calculation to determine if it is adequately sized. Of course, as the other posters recommended, the installer should first check to see if the furnace is operating as designed.