Furnace door so hot, my friend got burned!?

Old 12-11-10, 11:54 AM
U
Received 5 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Furnace door so hot, my friend got burned!?

Hello, a friend of mine was telling me at work today that he touched his furnace door and actually got burned from it He lives in a trailer and burns fuel oil, so I'll just assume he has a Miller furnace with a Beckette burner. I asked him when the last time it had been cleaned and he said he had no clue as he just bought the trailer this past summer. I've never heard of such a thing as getting burned from a furnace door. I'm guessing something can't be right!? Any ideas are always appreciated as usual! Thanks! Jack

Old 12-11-10, 12:31 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
If that door is so hot he got burned, he has major problems & needs go get a service person in there pronto. If he doesn't he risks getting way more heat than he wants (read trailer on fire).

Old 12-11-10, 01:30 PM
U
Thanks as usual Grady! I thought I'd post that to everyone so they could all see your answer! I myself figured that it had to be something pretty serious if that door was that hot! I'll tell him to call a service tech. as asap! I'll tell em Grady said so! Thanks again! Jack

Old 12-11-10, 01:42 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
You betcha you can tell 'im I said so. You can also tell him to be prepared with the checkbook. This could be serious, bigtime. Maybe he'll get real lucky & it's only a blower motor. Keep me up to speed on this one.

Old 12-11-10, 04:00 PM
U
I definetly will keep you up to date! I told him what you said so hopefully he gets a tech. there quick! He also has two young kids! Thanks! Jack

Old 12-21-10, 09:28 AM
U
Hey Grady! Last I knew my friend is supposedly going to just buy a new furnace. So I will keep you posted if anything changes! Merry Christmas!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: