HEAT PUMP

Old 12-20-00, 02:36 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

I live in columbia sc, my heat pump is on, the thermostat is set how it is supposed to be, fen is on "auto" , the AUX. came on , temp. is set 72.
But heat is not coming from the vents,there is a burning odor from the ventc.HELP

Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-00, 05:38 AM
R-12guy
Visiting Guest
sounds like your fan isnt coming on for what ever reason...fan relay, bad motor, bad capicator..call some one be fore you make matters worse

Old 12-20-00, 12:53 PM
Visiting Guest
Originally posted by hadzia
I live in columbia sc, my heat pump is on, the thermostat is set how it is supposed to be, fan is on "auto" , the AUX. came on , temp. is set 72.
But heat is not coming from the vents,there is a burning odor from the ventc.HELP
I SET TEMP. 80 AFTER THAT, HEAT IS COMING FROM THE VENTS

Old 12-20-00, 01:54 PM
PDF
Visiting Guest
NEED MORE INFO

You said you set tstat at 80 and you had heat.Is the blower running?Do you feel air coming from the vents?The burning could have been your electric heat cycling on for the first time and burning dust off the elements.Add more info for more help.PDF

Old 12-20-00, 05:58 PM
fjrachel
Visiting Guest
S.C. just had a bad cold snap. Your heat pump can't keep up with the cold, wet weather and your aux heat is coming on and is burning off dust accumulation. Or you've lost a blower motor and you would not get anything from the vents cold or warm air.

Old 12-20-00, 07:33 PM
Visiting Guest
add

Originally posted by fjrachel
S.C. just had a bad cold snap. Your heat pump can't keep up with the cold, wet weather and your aux heat is coming on and is burning off dust accumulation. Or you've lost a blower motor and you would not get anything from the vents cold or warm air.
blower motor (fan) sometimes works when I set temp.-80-or more.

Old 12-21-00, 02:52 PM
PDF
Visiting Guest
IT'S TECH TIME !!!!!!!

You have a lot of things going on at once,call a TECH.Preferably a company with the brand name of your equipment.Keep us clued in on what happens.PDF

Old 12-21-00, 04:43 PM
fjrachel
Visiting Guest
Agreed, call a tech.