where to find codes for weathermaker 8000

Old 12-13-10, 08:33 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
where to find codes for weathermaker 8000

good morning. our carrier weathermaker 8000 isn't working. usually you need to turn the heater off and then turn it back on but it is acting up even more. however i always see people put that they got a code whatever. where on the furnance is the led code? my husband and i do not see any numbers flashing or anything.

thanks for the help. maybe we can figure out the problem.

Old 12-13-10, 08:42 AM
E
it would be on the bottom half of the furnace, a red or green light on the circuit board flashin x number of times.

Old 12-13-10, 10:37 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Sometimes there is a little round window in the fan compartment cover through which the diagnostic codes can be viewed.

Old 12-13-10, 11:06 AM
K
forgive me for my ignorance. i took off the bottom panel and there is a compartment that i took off and you can see all the connectors and fuses. is this where I am to look? because i ran the furnace with all this open and nothing flashed. nothing red or green.

about 95% of the time, only the far right burner will go on and then it kicks off without running or heating. any ideas since i can't get a code to look up?

thanks

Old 12-13-10, 11:43 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
When the thermostat is turned up, I presume you see the hot surface ignitor glow white hot, followed by the main burner gas turning on. All the burners should light reliably, smoothly and immediately once the main burner gas is turned on.

Since all the burner's aren't lighting reliably, that's the problem. Usually that's due to burners that need to be removed and cleaned of dirty and corrosion.

Sometimes that can be caused by burners that aren't correctly installed or positioned.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: