HEAT PUMP

Old 12-20-00, 09:13 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

HELLO
I HAVE A BRYAN HEAT PUMP AND OUR THERMOSTAT IS CONSTANTLY ON 65 DEGREES WE TURN UP THE HEAT TO AROUND 80 DEGREES AND IT STAYS THERE.IT IS BLOWING COOL AIR FROM THE VENTS AND IT IS FREEZING IN MY HOME. I CLEANED WHERE THE HEATING COILS ARE WITH THE VACUUM AND NOTHING HAPPENED. YOU CAN HEAR THE FAN BLOWING BUT THE AIR IS COLD WHAT ELSE CAN WE DO?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-00, 10:11 AM
Visiting Guest
Charge ?

I would have a service man come out and check the refrigerant charge on the unit.

Old 12-20-00, 10:31 AM
Visiting Guest
Cool Thanks but one quick ?

How does FREON heat the house?????

Old 12-20-00, 03:08 PM
PDF
Visiting Guest
FOR HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Place your unit to aux or emergency heat , this will bring on the heat you need.What you need to do is when your ready to go,place the unit to the normal position and make sure your outdoor unit comes on.The fan outside should be turning.That's a start.If it does at least you know you have power outside.If all that happens,feel the larger pipe outside to sense if it is warm.All freon does is tranfer heat from one area to a more desired area.If you stand in front of a window a/c the cold air hits you,go outside and feel the heat it pours out.All things being equal,if you placed the inside part of the window a/c on the outside,and started it up that heat you feel outside would be directed inside your home.The coil on your outdoor unit....is it covered with frost and ice?Run your system thru these paces and keep in touch.PDF