Problem with Lennox G15 model

Old 12-15-10, 07:09 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Problem with Lennox G15 model

Hi...I am unsure exactly what model Lennox I have. The manual lists four different ones, but I couldn't find any on the furnace itself: G15D2E-50, G15Q4E-100, G15Q3.5E-60, and G15Q5E-125. I replaced the old non-programmable thermostat with a programmable one. In the process, I turned off the electrical switch (looks like a light switch) in the closet where the furnace is. I installed the thermostat with the following wiring: red wire connected to RH connection (there is a jumper to RC), white wire connected to the W connection, and green wire connected to the G connection. I turned the electrical switch back on and turned on the thermostat, but the furnace doesn't kick on. I turned the gas valve off for five minutes and then turned it back on (the furnace has an electric spark ignition system), but that didn't help either. I tried bypassing the thermostat by touching the white wire to the RH connection (as per the tech support person from the thermostat company), but still no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 12-15-10, 07:42 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
What are the thermostat wires connected to at the furnace?

If you jumper the R and W connections at the furnace, it should turn on.

The model number of your furnace is found on the rating plate in the burner compartment of the furnace.

Old 12-15-10, 07:58 PM
C
Thermostat wires are connected as follows: red to R, white to W, blue to C (even though we only have a furnace and no A/C), and green to G.

I tried jumpering the R and W connections at the furnace using the jumper wire from the thermostat by touching it to the two screws and nothing happened.

The model number is G15D2E-50.

Old 12-15-10, 08:19 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Since jumpering R and W did nothing the problem isnt the thermostat.

Does the furnace do anything when you turn the power switch on?

I'd start by checking to see that the circuit breaker is turned on, the power switch is turned on and the fan compartment door is in place and depressing the door switch.

Do you have a multimeter or AC voltmeter and understand how to use it?

Old 12-15-10, 11:01 PM
C
I assume by power switch, you mean the light switch in the closet. The furnace doesn't do anything when I turn it on. I've checked the circuit box and there is nothing tripped. Also, I double checked the fan compartment and that door switch is depressed.

I have a multimeter, but have never used it. If you can walk me through it, I can check whatever you've got in mind. It almost seems like there's no power to the furnace...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: