My oil burner heater stop working.... HeLp!!

Old 12-15-10, 11:32 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
My oil burner heater stop working.... HeLp!!

Hey everyone i have oil heater its pretty new it stop working yesterday not sure whats wrong with it i have a fairly good working knowledge of the system but can seem to figure it out.I tried to bleed it but nothing coming out but the burner control shows green light for flame (or stray light) but looking in there is no flame the fan just keeps running and it just keeps recycling until the safety kicks on stopping excess oil build up.im going to change the oil filter and see if that's it but i would also like to learn to maintain my system (nozzles,electrodes,cleaning sutt) on my own if some one has any ideas or knowledge to share it would be appreciated.
oh yea i also think it might be oil gelling up but i put in some premium fuel oil that cost more that not supposed to gel up.

i have a becket genisys 7505
il post some pics..

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-10, 11:42 PM
seems like i can post pics but ill email them to anyone willing to help

Old 12-16-10, 05:13 AM
[IMG]http://i54.************/sguamd.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i55.************/2enxqo7.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i54.************/b7j1y0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-16-10, 04:51 PM
Let you know this fourm do not support Tiny Pic link at all so you will have to make a attachment to download the photo in this fourm.

Merci.
Marc

Old 12-16-10, 06:40 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
If the green light is steady it does indicate either stray light or flame. If you are sure neither is present try disconnecting one of the yellow wires on the underside of the 7505. The green light should go out. If it does not the control is bad. If the light does go out as it should, start the burner. If it fires, it should shut down in 15-30 seconds. This would indicate a bad cad cell or related wires. My money is on a bad control.

Old 12-16-10, 08:10 PM
Bad control huh kinda what i was thinking thanks for your input ill try that and see what happens for now im gonna change my oil filter & nozzle, clean furnace and test the transformer and then try to give it a shot see what happens but i think you may be right.appreciate the help too

Old 12-16-10, 08:33 PM
i took out the nozzle frame and electrodes gonna maybe file the electrode to a point a lil bit or is that a bad idea?also if any one can guide me how to put the electrode back in properly as far as measurement and distance and if i can test the transformer with the screwdriver method with the electrodes and nozzle frame out?also one more thing i cant get the copper oil line dis attached from the motor any suggestions?? i know im asking alot but i do appreciate the input if any gives any

Old 12-16-10, 11:21 PM
ok guys i took the motor off to clean furnace and it was clean no prob there i did remove the cad cell wires and the motor turned on so im thinking i need a new cad cell wire thingamajig i tried to test the transformer and no go on the screwdriver arching the green light stayed on when cad cell wire hooked up so should i replace the cad cell wire in order to get the arch or is it the trans former and also there is another yellow wire on the under side should i do that????????

thanx for whatever help u guys give

Old 12-17-10, 03:59 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
As long as the control sees, or thinks it sees, light (flame) there will be no spark. The cad cell has to be disconnected to check the transformer.

Old 12-18-10, 09:25 AM
ok so i tested the transformer its good i changed nozzle filter and went for the restart bleed nothing coming out of lines not sure whats going im getting frustrated now i bled it for a while not sure if its a hole in fuel line or bad pump not sure if any one can help plzzz

Old 12-18-10, 03:17 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You are getting NOTHING out of the bleeder, no air, no foam, nothing?

Old 12-18-10, 09:37 PM
Did you open up the bleeder valve you should able spot it on the oil pump it pretty clear shot view otherwise something got the tank filter plugged up very well { I know if you have outside tank it may got iced out due some water in the tank }

I did notied that you did change the tank filter.

However you may have a air lock so you will need a short fexiable tubing and a bucket to hold about a Liter or two of liquid and get that bleeder really unscrew pretty good and hook up the flexiable tubing to the bucket to catch any fuel oil I know you may have to cycle the pump couple time to get it bleed out espcally if your tank is a bit way from the pump or have overhead line[s]

If not getting any fuel thru the bleeder valve then crack open the main fuel line you should see the fuel come out if the line is on floor level with overhead line it will be little tricky to deal with it.

Merci.
Marc

Old 12-30-10, 01:25 PM
hey i forgot to get back to you guys let you know how things went it was actually a small kink in the copper oil line which brought the pressure down so couldn't get oil at 100 psi so i changed a small coupling and also i had to change the cad cell it was gone also but i did it and fixed it myself i wanna thank you guys on here for all your help and suggestion i really appreciate it

Old 12-30-10, 08:18 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Glad you got it fixed & if we were able to help in some small way, well, that's a bonus. Have a great New Year.