Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Gas and Oil Home Heating Furnaces
Reload this Page >

does it save you $ when only turn on the zone you need in a multi-zones furnace?

does it save you $ when only turn on the zone you need in a multi-zones furnace?

Old 12-17-10, 03:14 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I posted this in an energy forum, but didn't get any response, and want to try it here. I am sorry if this is not the correct forum.

I have a multi-zones furnace that heated my home. It goes to the 2nd floors bedrooms, 1st floor and the basement. We turned off the heat when we don't use that area. For example, when we get off the bed, we turn off the heat in the 2nd floor. At night, we turn off the heat on the 1st floor. My question is, does it save me any money for doing this? My reason for asking this is, the furnace is on regardless if the heat is on on just 1 floor or all the floors.

Thanks.

Old 12-17-10, 05:51 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
You are using the term "furnace". Are we indeed talking about a warm air furnace or a boiler. Many people call what is actually a boiler which heats water either for circulation or to make steam a "furnace".

If this is indeed a furnace:
Are the zones controled by zone dampers in the ductwork?
How is the furnace fired (gas or oil)?
Single stage, two stage, or multi-stage?

Old 12-17-10, 08:59 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
I answered on your other post

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: