Lennox Q23Q2 furnace, fan runs continuously

Old 12-18-10, 07:39 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lennox Q23Q2 furnace, fan runs continuously

I have a few issues on my Lennox furnace G23Q2/3-75-1. Thermostat I have is Honeywell MagicStat. I set temperature to be 60 degrees all around. Current temperature is 56 degrees, furnace comes on, fan starts blowing air, gas will ignite, and warm air starts to blow. Runs for about 6-7 minutes then shuts off for about 2 minutes and starts cycle again. Even though the temperature is below the set temperature, furnace and fan both shut off. Once the temperature reaches the set temperature of 60 degrees, the gas valves shuts off (no warm air) BUT the fan keeps circulating. Also if I move the Thermostat into the "Off" position the fan keeps circulating, the only way to shut off the fan is to cut off the power at the furnace. But note that the fan mostly keeps circulating if the set temperature is reached, if its below it, it will just cycle as described above. Any Help would be appreciated. Thank You

Old 12-18-10, 11:14 AM
J
Anyone please? The furnace keeps going off every 5 minutes while the fan works continuously. Also I cannot shut off the furnace from the.thermostat, nothing happens if I move it to Off position..

Old 12-19-10, 07:24 AM
S
problem

how old is this furnace? it is possible that you have a bad fan/limit control...need age of unit

Old 12-19-10, 06:43 PM
J
Furnace is 16 years old, if its bad fan/limit control why does the heat shut off every 7 minutes eventhough the desired temp wasnt reached?

Thank You

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: