Roll-out switch keeps tripping....

Old 12-18-10, 06:39 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Roll-out switch keeps tripping....

I had a service technician out for yearly maintenance on my Gibson KG7SC earlier this week. He found no real problems but did say some of the intake and exit PVC piping wasn't properly glued (so he fixed them). Ever since he left = no heat. Had his company out 2 more times and they said they couldn't find a problem and left me sitting in the cold. I eventually called a different company and they said my roll-out switch needed to be reset. Now I can reset it manually but it keeps tripping after about an hour of producing heat. I tried leaving the burner box cover off and that seems to help but I'm afraid this could be dangerous (and isn't a long-term solution).

Any ideas on how to fix this problem? What did the first guy do to cause this issue? Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 12-18-10, 07:04 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Well, the first guy shouldn't have caused the problem and the second guy should have identified the cause of the problem, not just encouraged you to push the flame roll out reset button.

The smart move is probably to call the first guy back and give him the opportunity to correct what he didn't do properly.

Anyone can make a mistake or cause a problem and not be aware of it before they leave ---I've done that numerous times (call backs are one of the banes of being a repairman).

If he caused the problem, which is likely, he ought to come back and fix it at no charge if he is the kind of honest and competent service provider with which you want to deal.

Old 12-19-10, 06:53 AM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
rollout switch

if it indeed keeps tripping,you may have a crack in your heat exchanger..get a carbon monoxide detector,and get somebody qualified to check this...is the filter clean?..

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: